Friday, June 4, 2010

Twitter

Have avoided getting dragged in to Twitter up until now. And probably won't use it once Web 2.0 is over. Definitely won't be signing up with my personal e-mail. Was easy enough to join, but can see that one could spend a lot of time just browsing. Found it really annoying that I could not access it through my login, I must have quite a list of illegal attempted accesses against my login name by now!

Who really wants to know about what people are doing right this minute?

Can see the usefulness for advertising events & such as Manukau Libraries do. But I would prefer to send a text or ring my circle of friends for the more personal stuff. And not sure I am happy about being out there in the public domain, even though I set up my privacy settings. Just how private is it really?

1 comment:

tosca said...

Twitter is more than just a place of gossip & constant status updates. When used well, it can be a brilliant marketing tool. I'm not at all advocating you keep your account, in fact, you can absolutely delete it at the end of the tutorial, I would like to point out, though, that it's all in who a person follows. In twitter, privacy settings are exactly that. Private :) Congratulations for completing week 3 - twitter is most definitely not everybody's cup of tea. So your persistence, and your honest in this post, is definitely to be commended.